How to: Clean Volleyball Kneepads
Join us as Adam walks through the best tips and tricks for getting that lingering smell out of volleyball kneepads. Don’t just stop with volleyball pads – you can use this soaking technique for all of your stinky pads, hats, gear, and shoes. Sweat X Detergent is non-toxic, biodegradable and safe for all fabrics – so it won’t harm your gear or you skin while soaking!
A few of our tips on soaking using Sweat X Sport Detergent:
- Fill a bucket, sink or bathtub with enough water to cover the gear, using the hottest water that you can.
- Add 4 capfuls (1/2 cup) of detergent for smaller gear in a bucket or sink, and 8 capfuls (1 cup) of detergent for larger gear in a bathtub.
- Agitate the gear so that the detergent is well distributed in the water and covering the gear.
- Let soak for a few hours, or overnight if time permitting.
- Once the soak is complete, rinse the gear with clean water until the water runs clear.
- Hang the items and let air dry. For washable items, you can place in the washing machine for additional cleaning.
While you are soaking your gear, don’t be alarmed if the water turns gray or brown. That is just all of the nasty odor-causing bacteria and dirt being exfoliated out. Just rinse with water after each soak, and your gear will be back to new in no time!